Friday, January 28, 2022

Strolling The DU Campus In The Snow


I took my sister Susan's dog Blackberry for a walk across the University of Denver campus the other day, right after a mid-week snowstorm. It is a very pretty campus, and well-tended, although I do have to confess that I allowed Blackberry to piss on the grounds about 17 times. And - it goes without saying - this had nothing to do with the university outsourcing the DU Bookstore, where I worked for 28 years, to Follett Higher Education Group, and laying off the entire staff back in 2012. I am a much bigger person than that, as regular blog readers can attest. In any case, the photograph above shows University Hall (on the right), built in 1890 and the first building on campus. It was completely renovated in 1995, with the outside preserved and the inside completely demolished and rebuilt. Not exactly an historic renovation, but in keeping with DU's penchant for facades.

No comments:

Post a Comment