Sunday, January 30, 2022

Remembering Winters Past


When my mother Mary lived down in Stuart, Florida, she would come up to Colorado every Christmas and stay with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George in Fort Collins.  She and my father Nelson moved to Stuart from Chicago back in 1976, and from that time on she just hated cold weather. I think that is why Susan was helping her bundle up during a visit to Old Town Fort Collins in the photograph above. This photo was taken back in 1988 in front of the Stone Lion Bookstore, back when bookstores in downtown locales were actually financially feasible. Talk about the good old days. In any case, ironically, it was warmer in Denver yesterday than in Stuart, where it was expected to go down into the mid-thirties last night. I wonder if the snowbirds will still be hitting the beaches in their speedos and bikinis during this cold snap?

No comments:

Post a Comment