Saturday, September 17, 2022

Foreign Deceit


I always make a list of new books by my favorite authors, as well as those recommended in book reviews, and reserve them in advance at the Denver Public Library. Foreign Deceit, by Jeff Carson, was on that list. I placed a hold on it, and recently picked the book up and read it. However, I was surprised to find it wasn't a new book, but the first in a series of mystery novels about a sheriff's deputy in Colorado's Summit County. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why I put a book published back in 2013 on my list. But no matter - I enjoyed reading it. Its main character is David Wolf, who is competing to be sheriff of Summit County against an unscrupulous competitor who happens to be the son of a weathly landowner. A week before the county commissioners are set to decide who becomes sheriff, Wolf learns that his brother has committed suicide near Lake Como, in Italy. He immediately heads to Europe, where he discovers that his brother was actually murdered, and begins his own investigation to find who killed him. I thought this was a very good mystery, and recommend it highly. In fact, I think I will pick up the second book in the series this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment