Tuesday, September 13, 2022

The September Issue Of Chicago Magazine


I recently received the September issue of Chicago Magazine, the cover article this month proclaiming The New Age of Sushi, as seen in the above photograph. I myself have not adjusted to the old age of sushi, let alone the new one, and so I was not too excited about it. Taking raw fish to the next level has never been a life goal. There is also an article about how Fall Out Boy's lead guitarist found his place in Chicago's punk rock scene while a teenager growing up on Chicago's North Shore. Surprisingly enough, I am not a punk rock fan either. Perhaps this is because I grew up on the South Side of Chicago in the Brainerd neighborhood. As I recall, we had neither sushi nor punk rock there. We did have Lang Lee's chop suey joint in Evergreen Park, however. Not to mention the constant playing of Frank Sinatra records blasting out the windows of the Buell's house next door. The same, only different, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment