Wednesday, September 7, 2022

The World Turned Upside Down - Chicago Public Schools Start Early!


Hard to believe, but Chicago Public Schools started classes on August 22nd this year. Up until now, they have always started on the day after Labor Day, as God intended. Back when I attended Fort Dearborn Grammar School in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, it was tramatic enough having to start school in September, let alone August. I don't know how it is these days, but back then there was no air conditioning at Fort Dearborn, as well as most other schools in Chicago. Hopefully they have all been upgraded by now. Otherwise, there must have been a lot of disgruntled students these past two weeks. In any case, I am featuring a photograph I took at Fort Dearborn back in the early 1960s of my teacher Mrs. McCormick, who reprimanded me for taking it. I have used this photo before on this blog, but don't remember when. It could have been last year or last decade, but here it is again. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment