Sunday, September 4, 2022

Remembering those Boulder To Lyons Bike Rides


Years ago, my then wife Lisa, sister Susan, brother-in-law George and I used to go bike riding on the weekends - sometimes here in Denver, sometimes up in the mountains, and once in a while we would bike from Boulder to Lyons, which was and still is a very popular route for cycling. I haven't attemped it on my bicycle for years, but do drive that route on my way to Rocky Mountain National Park. And I must say, I always marvel at what a long distance it is there and back. Of course, we were all much younger then, which makes quite a difference. I took the photograph above of - from left to right - Lisa, Susan, and George back in July of 1985. I have always thought it was taken in Lyons, since our destination was always a German restaurant there, but now am not sure. All I know is that everyone looks pretty happy and alert in that photo, and so it couldn't have been taken at the end of the ride, when I seem to recall that everyone would collapse into a chair at an outdoor table with a beer, looking like they had just run a marathon, but pretending otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment