Wednesday, November 2, 2022

A Found Photograph Of Indigenous People's Day At DU


My point and shoot camera that I carry everywhere I go - to the annoyance of everyone - needed to have the shutter repaired, and so I took it to the camera store where I purchased it. The curmudgeonly clerk seemed dubious that the extended warranty I paid for would cover the damage, but agreed to send it to the repair people anyway, and they would give me a call. Although I suspect not this year. Or even next. In any case, in the meantime, I am using the camera on my cellphone, on which I discovered a photograph I took of an Indigenous People's Day celebration on the University of Denver campus this past October 12th, and seen in the photograph above.  The tepee in the photo has on it words to the effect of "Give us back our land." I am not exactly sure how that would work. Would all non-Native Americans be deported to the countries their ancestors came from, and would those countries even take us? I have visions of 320 million or so boat people adrift in the ocean, which might be a problem. Perhaps we could just give the Native Americans Texas. That would solve a lot of problems on many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment