Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Colder It Gets, The Better Florida Looks


As the temperatures get colder here in Denver, the more I think about the good life in Stuart, Florida. My mother Mary lived there for almost 30 years and just loved it. One of the great things about visiting Stuart is having lunch on a restaurant patio along the ocean. Years ago, my mother and I would head to the Island Reef, which later became Rottie's, where I took the photograph above of my mother back in April of 2000. Eventually Rottie's closed, and a new, very upscale and expensive restaurant opened at that location. That restaurant went out of business due to a conflict among partners, and was replaced by Kyle G's Prime Seafood and Steaks, which does not sound cheap, either. Once Rottie's closed, we decided to lunch on the oceanfront patio at Shuckers, which is just as nice, and has more reasonable prices. I wish I could head there for lunch today, but the logistics would be complicated. Perhaps next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment