Monday, November 21, 2022

Lunching With Mark At Spicy Asian




I had lunch with my friend Mark, seen in the photograph on the left, at Spicy Asian on Monaco Parkway here in Denver yesterday afternoon. The food was pretty damn good, and they gave you extremely generous portions, so much so that I took the leftovers home for dinner. Mark just got back from a road trip with his brother Mike to New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Their first stop was in Santa Fe, which is just a magical place, and after that Albuquerque, where Mark toured the Al Unser Museum and Mike the botanical garden (Mike works at the Denver Botanical Gardens and likes nothing more than a busman's holiday). After Albuquerque, they headed south to Roswell, east to Portales, home of Eastern New Mexico University, and then to Amarillo, Texas, Clinton, Oklahoma, and a final stop in Dodge City, Kansas before heading home to Denver. If it was me, I would have stopped at Santa Fe and spent the entire time there, but that's just me. Both Mark and Mike had a great time checking out Middle America and the many reminders of the Wild West that still exist in those places. Sounds like a wonderful trip to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment