Sunday, November 27, 2022

A Treasure From The Bowels Of The Basement





I have been cleaning out my sister Susan's townhouse up in Fort Collins lately, and have spent a lot of time going through 35 years worth of items stored in the basement. In one box, I found the photograph on the left of my mother Mary and sister Susan posing at Stuart Beach, down in Florida. I suspect this was probably a gift to Susan from my mother, since the nautical themed frame is something she would choose. In any case, I think this was taken back in Susan's boogie board days, when she would head directly out to sea on it, as my mother watched with trepidation from the shore, until Susan headed back to the safety of the beach. Then we would drive back to my mother's condo to prepare dinner. This was a daily routine the entire time we were down there. I threw out that boogie board after my mother passed away and we were getting ready to rent out the condo. Since Susan is now 80 years old, I suspect she will never want to head out to sea on it again, demanding to know where it is, but you can never tell. If she does, I will, of course, just plead ignorance. I excel at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment