Saturday, November 12, 2022

The View From Aurora: The Horror. The Horror...


As regular blog readers are aware, I am not a big fan of suburbs, especially truly ugly ones like Lakewood, just to the west of Denver, and Aurora, just to the east. However, the other day, I had to take my sister Susan to a doctor's appointment on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. While waiting in the reception area, I snapped the photograph above of the view from the 5th floor. In the background can be seen the large radomes (a fancy name for geodesic domes) at Buckley Air Force Base (now called Buckley Space Force Base, although I have yet to see any spacecraft take off from there, either ours or alien ones). And as you can see, beyond that is absolutely nothing until you get to Kansas City, 600 miles to the east. And even then, you are unfortunately in Kansas City. Getting there is one ugly drive that starts in one ugly city, but hey, a lot of people evidently like ugly. To each their own, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment