Saturday, November 19, 2022

A Winter Wonderland? Maybe Yes, Maybe No...





I took a walk in Denver's Washington Park yesterday afternoon, the day after a day-long snowstorm. There wasn't all that much snow in this part of Denver, but due to the variation in altitudes, some parts of the metro area received a foot or more. I must admit that the snow made Washington Park look very pretty yesterday, as seen in the photo on the left, but the older I get, the more I believe it should stay up in the mountains where it belongs.





Whenever I think of snowstorms, I remember having to drive up to Fort Collins a few years ago to take my sister Susan to the grocery store. The snow had not been cleared off the side streets, and was so deep I got stuck three times before deciding to park in a nearby strip center parking lot and hike to her townhouse instead. If you are able to sit in a house like the one in the photograph on the right, and just look across the street at the snow in the park all day, fine. But if you actually have to go anywhere, it is a major pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment