Wednesday, November 9, 2022

A Paris Flashback


It is, of course, November, and I was recently thinking about how years ago I traveled to Paris around this time, and was surprised to find that everything was closed on November 1st, due to it being All Saint's Day, a French, as well as Catholic, holiday. The day after, I visited the Galeries Lafayette, and discovered that that department store had already decorated for the holidays, and featured a huge Christmas tree in it's atrium. It seemed quite early to start celebrating the holidays, but I remember being quite impressed with the decorations. And did I take a photograph of the tree in that atrium? I think so. But if I did, I would have been shooting slides back then, and would have to spend days trying to find where I put them. Instead, since I am hellbent on featuring Paris on today's blog, I am presenting a photograph that I took back in May of 2019 on the Ile Saint-Louis. Paris is Paris, no matter the time of year or the location. Right? Makes sense to me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment