Thursday, November 3, 2022

Packing Up Memories


I have been going up to Fort Collins almost every day lately to pack up things my sister Susan wants to keep after she sells her townhouse, after deciding she no longer feels comfortable living alone. And I cannot believe how many knickknacks Susan and my late brother-in-law George have collected over the past 35 years up there, not to mention the number of collectible model toys George has stashed away. Every cabinet I open in the den, the basement, and the garage seems to have dozens of metal cars, trucks, planes, and boats. I suspect I will be spending the rest of my life trying to figure out how to sell those items on e-Bay. And if e-Bay's customer phone support is like virtually all companies these days, most of the time I will be figuring out which button to push to connect to an actual person. Thank God I have insurance for my smart phone for when I throw it against the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment