Sunday, January 27, 2019

A DU Kind Of Sunset



I know it has been awhile since I have posted a sunset photo, but I haven't seen anything very impressive until last night, when I took the above photograph of the sun setting over the Ritchie Center on the University of Denver campus.  As regular blog readers know, I worked as the Finance Manager at the University of Denver Bookstore for almost 30 years until the bookstore was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group, and all the employees were laid off (with one year of employment with Follett guaranteed) without being offered alternative employment at the university. As for Follett, they laid me off, along with anyone else making a decent salary, almost one year to the day. Of course, I am no longer bitter about this (much), since my first social security check is only 24 days away, not that I am counting. But hey!  This blog is all about sunsets.  Beautiful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment