Sunday, January 13, 2019

What? Snow In Denver? Impossible!





In a dramatic turn of events, it actually snowed in Denver this past Friday.  It hit 61 degrees Fahrenheit on Thursday, and was very sunny, making for a very pleasant day for the annual National Western Stock Show Parade. However, just 24 hours later, it was snowing.  The amount of snow we receive depends on the altitude, and while Denver received only an inch and a half, other areas received almost a foot of snow. Since snowfall here is such a rarity these days, I took the opportunity yesterday to take a few winter photographs in nearby Washington Park, such as the one on the left.



After I took that photograph, since it was such a nice day, I decided to walk around the lake, which a lot of people around here seem to do on a regular basis.  When I got half way around the lake, a fellow senior citizen told me that there was an eagle in the tree just around the corner.  I have never seen an eagle in person before, and therefore I was very excited to be able to take the photograph on the right.  I have been walking in Washington Park for almost 38 years now, and have never seen an eagle there, and so I assume it was here because Rocky Mountain National Park is closed thanks to the government shutdown, and this was it's next choice. Makes sense to me.




In any case, after my walk, I drove back home, but along the way  I stopped inf front of a house across the street from the park that seemed to be attracting a large number of geese.  Just why they were all congregating in the front yard of this particular house I don't know.  And why the hell the owners don't shoe these geese off I also don't know. What I do know is that the place right next door is for sale, and I picked up a brochure for it on the way back to my car.  It is truly a great location, and the house has no less than 5 bedrooms, at  a sales price of a mere 1.6 million dollars.  And I imagine it comes with all the geese you want for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment