Thursday, January 3, 2019

Cold Snap!



Just in time for New Year's Eve, the temperatures here on the front range of Colorado dropped below zero, a reminder that we are living at 5,000 feet above sea level out here and cold weather sometimes happens. The temperature dropped to 5 below zero Fahrenheit, and the wind chill hit 20 below zero.  I myself drove up to Fort Collins that afternoon and went with my sister to see Mary Poppins Returns (which we both liked), and I took the photograph above of the plaza in front of the movie theater, showing a properly winter scene. Of course, the front range has wild temperature swings, and today the temperature will be back in the 50s.  What I do not understand, and never will, is why - when there is a 20 degree below zero wind chill - people here still wear shorts?  Does living at such a high altitude all their lives make them go crazy? Obviously it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment