Friday, January 25, 2019

The Daily Walk...



Now that I am retired, I am determined to make sure I get enough exercise, and so usually take a walk around the neighborhood each day - or when I am feeling adventurous - around the downtown area so that I can mingle with my fellow hipsters.  I took the photographs in the above collage on one such walk last week, when the sun was shining and the temperature was approaching 60 degrees, always a happy occurrence here in Denver during the month of January. Going counterclockwise from the upper left in the above collage is a photo of Kaos, my absolute favorite beer garden/pizza parlor; next, the sidewalk just to the east of Washington Park, where the rich live in their mansions.  In the bottom left is a photograph of an old duffer (probably the same age as me) walking toward Wash Park, and finally, a couple walking around one of the park's several lakes.  And I must say, thank God I bought my condo back in 1999, which allows me to live in this otherwise off limits (financially speaking) neighborhood.  Pure dumb luck, which I have always depended on to get me through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment