Saturday, January 26, 2019

My Mother's Birthday



Today would have been my mother Mary's 103rd birthday, if she was alive today. She and my father Nelson moved to Stuart, Florida back in 1976, and those last 30 years of her life were her happiest, with more friends than she ever had before.  For that I am truly grateful, and am also happy that the condo is still in our family, although currently rented out to help pay the expenses.  I took the above photograph on one of my many visits there - taken at Stuart Beach at sunset - probably in August, when most visitors thought the heat and humidity were oppressive, but I personally thought it was a great time to be there. Happy Birthday Mother! Hopefully both my sister Susan and I will have as happy a retirement as yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment