Sunday, January 6, 2019

Epiphany Is Here! - Time To Take Down That Tree!








Today is Epiphany, the 12th day of Christmas - the day the three wise men arrived in Bethlehem, bringing gifts to the Christ Child.  It is also a great excuse to leave your Christmas tree and decorations up until after January 6th. This holiday season, by the way,  marks the first time I have put up my Christmas tree in 10 years, and I am not looking forward to taking it down. And since I don't get many visitors, I am wondering if I shouldn't just leave the tree up until next Christmas?  People already think of me as a bit of an eccentric, so what do I have to lose?  And after all, many years ago, back when I lived in an apartment in Wheaton, Illinois,  the fellow in the apartment across the way kept his tree up all year long, only taking it down right before Christmas. Granted, that is crazy behavior, but a precedent is a precedent, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment