Monday, January 7, 2019

Springtime In January



This past weekend was truly beautiful here in Denver - sunny and temperatures at 60 degrees Fahrenheit - or close to it - both Saturday and Sunday.  I myself spent both days walking around parts of the city.  On Saturday, I walked down 17th Street - a hipster haven of restaurants, bars, and boutiques - from the Tattered Cover Bookstore (my former employer) to Union Station, where I took the light rail train home. And on Sunday, I walked around my neighborhood, from the Pearl Street business district, through Washington Park, up and down the Old South Gaylord area, and then home again.  In the collage above, going clockwise from the upper left, are photographs of the patio of the Vine Street Pub on 17th Street (which does not take credit cards, a vestige from the 19th Century no doubt), a new very pricey apartment building being constructed on 17th, a view of the west side of Washington Park, where peasants once frolicked, but now only hipsters reign, and a view of the mountains from the east side of Washington Park, where back in the 1980s my then wife Lisa and I could have bought a bungalow with that exact same view for $279,000, but didn't have that kind of money back then.. And the weather report says it will remain warm and dry for the foreseeable future.  One of the few benefits of global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment