Thursday, April 20, 2023

April At The Zoo Part II





As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo last week to take some photographs, and thanks to the mild temperatures and partly cloudy skies, most of the animals were more than happy to pose for photographs, such as the gorilla in the photograph on the left. As you can see, he is giving me a friendly look, no doubt in a good mood because of the weather. 






The ring-tailed lemur was also in a good mood, quite willing to pose for photographs. I think this little fellow would be a good candidate for the petting zoo, which sadly the Denver Zoo does not have. What's the deal with that? They could certainly make a space available, and have different animals every month, which I am sure would boost attendance to record levels, especially when the mandrills and orangutans are there, gentle creatures that love to cuddle. 






I am not quite sure what kind monkey it is in the photograph on the left. I personally think it is called a "generic" monkey, although I could be wrong. For that you will need to consult a zoologist, whom I am sure exist in great numbers at every zoo. Once again the lighting was finally good enough to take a photo, and for the first time since I can remember this creature decided to hang out in the front of it's compound and look me in the eye, instead of lurking in the back. This little guy seemed a bit depressed and lonely. Still another candidate for the new petting zoo. Perhaps all it needs is a hug from a few thousand zoo visitors to cheer it up.





The orangutan in the photograph on the right was also very sociable that afternoon, posing for a photograph with a young zoo visitor. I have photographed this orangutan a lot. It goes nowhere without its blanket, which it drapes over itself at all times. No doubt it is uncomfortable not wearing clothes. I say have an intern dress it up, and take it to the petting zoo, where they can set up a place where zoo visitors can have a photo taken with it. A camera could be set up, and for a nominal fee, a zoo employee could take photographs of paying customers with their arms around that orangutan. This would no doubt be a tremendous money-maker. Be sure to write or e-mail Denver Zoo officials in support of these wonderful and genius ideas. What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment