Thursday, April 27, 2023

Where Have All The Horse-Drawn Carriages Gone?


I ran across the photograph above the other day, taken years ago, of a horse-drawn carriage making a turn. I never did ever use it on this blog. I considered it a skip because of the blur, but am now much more laid back about photography, and so here it is. The photo reminded me that there used to be a lot of horse-drawn carriages that would cruise Denver's 16th Street Mall, taking tourists and locals alike on short tours of the downtown area. I never gave it much thought until now, but they are all long gone. First, no doubt, due to the pandemic, and now because the mall is all torn up while being renovated. Will those horses and carriages ever come back? Beats me. Since taking those carriage rides no doubt costs a small fortune, in my case, the question is simply academic.

No comments:

Post a Comment