Saturday, April 29, 2023

City Walls


I just finished reading City Walls, the latest hard-boiled Amos Walker private detective novel by Loren Estleman. This series takes place in Detroit, and is written in a kind of old-fashioned noir fiction style. I like these books, and they even make me want to visit Detroit, a feeling which thankfully passes a few days after I finish reading the latest installment. This time, Walker is out to prove that a random shooting from a freeway overpass was not simply random, but pre-meditated murder. He is hired by an Elon Musk style electric car entrepreneur to get to the bottom of his stepson's death, resulting in very deadly consequences. I enjoyed reading this story, and can recommend it to all fans of private eye detective novels. Just wait a couple of days before making plane reservations for a Detroit vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment