Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter!






Today is Easter Sunday, and in honor of this day I am featuring several photographs from Easter Sunday back in April of 1957. The photo on the left is of my mother Mary as she was preparing the table in the dining room of our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago. My mother loved that house, and just hated to leave it, even for a vacation. Easter morning my father Nelson would hide chocolate eggs around the house, and we would all participate in an Easter egg hunt. My father loved chocolate, and not surprisingly, it was he who wound up finding the most eggs. Go figure.






The photo on the right shows my mother and father in the kitchen, taking a break from preparing the meal. My father always helped my mother with the cooking. He was a dentist, and his office was located in the front of his parents home less than a mile away. I myself would soon be attending Fort Dearborn Grammar School, and we would all have breakfast, lunch, and dinner together in that kitchen. My sister Susan was attending Calumet High School at the time, and I can't remember if she joined us or not. I suspect that was when she was in her rebellious period, and all these years later, is still in. Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment