Saturday, April 1, 2023

Lunch With Mark At Piccolo's






I had lunch yesterday with my friend Mark, seen in the photograph on the left, at Piccolo's, which is closing April 30th after 50 years, due to the high cost of operating a business in Denver these days. The minimum wage here is now $17.29 per hour ($14.27 per hour for food and beverage workers), and I suspect it has now gotten too expensive for them to hire even students or persons seeking their first job. In any case, lunch was very good. To me, their smothered beef burrito is the best in town. As for Mark, he took this past week off from his job at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library) after some minor surgery, and will be heading back to work this Monday. It is a shame Piccolo's is closing, and both Mark and I plan to head back there before it is gone forever. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment