Monday, April 3, 2023

Traversing Upper Bear Creek Road


My sister Susan and I took a drive along Upper Bear Creek Road up in Evergreen, Colorado this past Saturday afternoon. This is a beautiful road that begins at Evergreen Lake. When you start out, it is lined with what can only be described as mansions, but the farther you go, the more open it becomes, and the more modest the homes. Finally, you reach the unpaved section of the road, where there is a dead end sign, where I turned around and headed back. Years ago, I drove further up the road from this point a number of times. It became pretty rough, but eventually you wound up in an open pasture directly in front of Mount Evans, featuring beautiful trails you could hike. Of course, back then I was driving my old Honda, and didn't mind taking it up there, but now, with the price of both new and used cars, I am afraid to head back up there. Unless someone else is driving, of course - then I am all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment