Thursday, June 27, 2024

Hanging Out At Cerebral Brewing





This past Saturday afternoon I visited Cerebral Brewing, located on Monroe Street, just south of Colfax Avenue, in Denver's Congress Park neighborhood. It was voted as having the best brew pub patio in Denver in an article that I read, and so I decided to give it a try. It has been around since 2015, and so yes - it took me 9 years to check it out, but what the hell - its time had finally come. The patio is located in a residential neighborhood, with lots of trees and flowers around, and the place has a real laid-back feel to it. It is definitely a neighborhood gathering place, very dog and kid friendly, and it was fun to just hang out there. I ordered a West Coast IPA which was very good indeed.





My only complaint was that it was a bit on the pricey side. Two beers and a $2 tip set me back $20, which is getting very close to Coors Field beer prices. But you pay for the atmosphere, as well as the beer, of course, and so an extra 4 bucks won't kill you once in a while. The brewery is located not too far from the Tattered Cover's Colfax Avenue bookstore, where I worked as the company bookkeeper for 4 1/2 years before retiring to a life of fun and relaxation. This would have been a great place to stop for a beer after work if I had known about it back then. Perhaps I should apply for a part-time job there now, as a cashier. I could still make that after work thing happen. Or perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment