Tuesday, June 25, 2024

The Instruments Of Darkness


I just finished reading The Instruments of Darkness, John Connolly's latest Charlie Parker thriller. Parker is a private detective living in Portland, Maine, who takes cases that always have a supernatural aspect to them. In this story, a young mother is accused of abducting and murdering her child when a blood-soaked baby blanket is found in her car. Almost everyone in town believes she is guilty. Her attorney hires Parker as an investigator, and Parker begins to piece together the truth, which involves a sinister house in the Maine woods, and a psychic who comes to Parker and tells him the dead child is buried there. I really enjoyed this novel - it is definitely a page-turner, with an exciting finale. Be sure to pick up a copy from your local library today. And yes! I took the above photograph of that book with my condo's pool in the background. It recently reopened for the first time since 2022. The HOA at my building is nothing if not dedicated to dotting every i and crossing every t before taking any action on important issues like opening a swimming pool for the season. Very admirable indeed, although my fellow tenants might disagree. I myself never use the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment