Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Father's Day!


Today is Father's Day, and in honor of this holiday, I am featuring a photograph of my father that I took at Hobe Sound Beach on Florida's Jupiter Island back in 1979. My father Nelson and mother Mary moved to Stuart, Florida from Chicago in 1976, and just loved the place. My father was a dentist and hated it. And so, when he was finally able to retire to Stuart and play golf every day, he thought he was in paradise. He passed away in 1983 at the age of 74, but at least he had those 7 years to enjoy. My mother also loved Stuart, and made more friends there than at any other time in her life. She continued to live there for almost 30 years. My father was close to the same age as I am now when that photograph was taken, which definitely has made me start thinking more seriously about the years I have left. As that old song goes, "Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself, it's later than you think." Happy Father's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment