Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Talking Baseball With Stuart At Old Chicago


I had lunch with my friend Stuart, seen in the photograph above, this past Thursday at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in beautiful (to residents) Lakewood, Colorado. Stuart and I discussed all manner of things, including the fact that after starting out well, his favorite team, the Chicago Cubs, have fallen under .500, beginning their June swoon right on time. Meanwhile, my South Side heroes, the Chicago White Sox, have lost 11 games in a row and are by far the worst team in baseball. I know they are rebuilding, but how can they be this horrible? Even our adopted hometown team, the Colorado Rockies, have had a few winning streaks, and are actually 5-5 over their last 10 games. Predicted to be the worst team in baseball this year, they are currently only 4th worst, which in Denver is considered quite a success. You can attend a Rockies game and actually have a chance to see them win. Of course, since most fans here are usually rooting for the opposing team, that is not nearly as much of a positive as it is back in the real baseball world. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment