Saturday, June 22, 2024

Lunching With Stuart At Spanky's Roadhouse


I had a late lunch this past Wednesday afternoon with my friend Stuart at Spanky's Roadhouse, located just to the west of the University of Denver. DU, where I was the Finance Manager for almost 30 years and where both Stuart and I earned graduate degrees, is on summer break, and so it has been relatively quiet around the neighborhood lately. Stuart is originally from the North Side of Chicago, and a Cubs fan. The last time we got together, the Cubs were just a few games out of first place. However, that was before the "June swoon," which has become something of an annual tradition at Wrigley Field, and although they are only 4 games under .500, they are currently in last place in the National League Central Division. And as regular blog readers know, I am originally from the South Side of Chicago and a White Sox fan. The White Sox started out horrible and still are, solidly in last place in the American League Central. At least they are consistent. As for our adopted hometown team, the Colorado Rockies, they are also in last place in the National League West. Both the White Sox and the Rockies are 3-7 over their last ten games. And you wonder why I avoid sports betting, even though the ads on television say you can't lose. After we got done at Spanky's, we had coffee at the nearby Starbucks, where I took the photograph above of Stuart. As usual, I asked for a decaf coffee, and as usual, they told me they were out of decaf coffee, but would a decaf Americano be okay? Which tastes exactly like coffee. Do they really consider these different types of beverages? Also, I might add, I ordered a small coffee, which they call a "tall" at Starbucks. What's the deal with that? Let's face it, we live in a strange strange world.

No comments:

Post a Comment