Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hanging Out With Stuart At Old Chicago


I had dinner (and beers) with my friend Stuart at the Old Chicago restaurant on Colorado Boulevard here in Denver last night.  This particular Old Chicago is located in the building which once housed a restaurant and bar called Fenway Park.  As I recall, Stuart and I were there on it's opening night.  What a surprise, right? In any case, the place soon folded - I suspect because there were too few Red Sox fans in the area.  It reopened a few years later as Old Chicago, drawing the many millions of ex-Chicagoans now living here in the Denver metropolitan area.  No doubt all of them Cub fans, too.  As we used to say back in Chicago, life is hard being a Southsider in a world of Northsiders.  Just let me tell you about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment