Friday, March 13, 2015

Sunset At The House Of Refuge




Since I featured a photograph of my father Nelson yesterday, I figured I should probably feature a photograph of my mother Mary today.  The photograph on the left was taken at the House of Refuge in Stuart, Florida one August day a number of years ago.  It is one of my favorite photographs of my mother, taken at sunset after dinner at the Prawnbroker Restaurant in nearby Sewell's Point.  As I have mentioned before, this peaceful and wonderful spot on the ocean had been "discovered" by wedding photographers, who were all over the place when I visited there last November.  Or perhaps they have always used that spot as a backdrop, but simply avoided the heat and humidity of August.  Still another good reason to visit in the off season.

No comments:

Post a Comment