Thursday, March 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad!





Today would have been my father Nelson Hoyt's 106th birthday if he were alive today.  He and my mother retired to Stuart, Florida in 1976, and both of them loved it there.  My father loved golf, and was able to play almost every day, which helped make up for doing a job he hated for most of his life.  Whenever my sister and I would visit our parents down in Stuart, my father would get up early every morning and make breakfast for everyone, which was a very nice thing indeed. However, I recall that when my parents drove to Chicago for Christmas each year, my sister was such a neat freak that she made Dad fry the bacon out in the unheated utility room of her house each morning, which didn't seem fair.  He didn't seem to mind, though, and if he were around today, I am sure my sister would let him fry bacon wherever he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment