Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Obligatory Fort Collins Pet Photo


I took the above photograph of my brother-in-law George holding one of his and my sister Susan's two dogs when I was up in Fort Collins Sunday evening.  As I have said before, their two dogs - Tutu (in the photograph above) and Blackberry - are like their children, and the household revolves around them.  Which just reinforces my opinion that people are crazy when it comes to their pets.  It reminds me of the character in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, who left all his money to his dog, with the stipulation that his butler take him out for a good walk every day.  Long after the dog was gone, however, the butler continued to walk a pretend dog every day in order to still collect the money.  A valuable lesson there:  if you intend to leave all your money to your pets, make sure you have a lawyer go over the language of the will thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment