Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


As I have mentioned several times on this Blog, when St. Patrick's Day rolls around I think of my Uncle Jack (my mother's brother) and my Aunt Helen, who were very proud to be Irish and just loved St. Patrick's Day.  I was going to feature two photographs of them today, but realized that I featured those photographs last year.  Instead, I am using a photograph that I took at a barbecue at Uncle Jack and Aunt Helen's house in Evergreen Park, Illinois many years ago.  From left to right are my Grandmother, Louise Spillard, my mother Mary, my father Nelson, Uncle Jack, and my Uncle Bill, my mother's other brother.  And why did Uncle Jack barbecue in the garage and set out his lawn furniture on the driveway?  I'm afraid we'll never know, but everybody always had a good time, and that is what counts.  After dinner, by the way, we all gathered around Uncle Jack's color television (a novelty at the time) and watched Walt Disney's Wide World of Color.  Is that program still on, by the way?  I'll have to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment