Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sailor The Dog: Ex-Con


As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog, Sunday afternoon my friend Mark and I went to a barbecue at the house of one of my former DU Bookstore colleagues.  He and his wife have both a cat and a dog.  The dog was quite a handful when it was a puppy, and because of this they packed it off to a Colorado Women's Prison which has a program that allows inmates to train dogs for a very reasonable fee.  After he was released, Sailor was okay for a while, but reverted to his old ways and was sent back to prison.  I believe this is called the recidivism problem.  In any case, after doing another stretch in stir Sailor came out a reformed dog.  At first it was uncertain whether he could make it on the outside, but happily, he did.  Congratulations Sailor!

No comments:

Post a Comment