Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"Badges? - You Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges...


I played golf at the 9 hole  Monterey Golf Course that winds through our condo complex here in Stuart, Florida for the first time in 10 years.  I checked in with the office first, because the last time I played here you had to have either a resident's badge or a guest pass.  The lady at the desk told me I didn't need either, since it was August and I would be the only person out on the course.  That still made me pretty nervous, since I have been thrown off this course in the past by Mr. Gagliartti, who used to patrol the grounds in a souped-up golf cart. He once threw me off the course for not wearing a shirt with a collar.  A second time he raced after my mother, sister, and I on that golf cart from hell while we were teeing off on the third hole, claiming we did not leave half of each guest pass back at the starter's desk.  I played the course three days in a row this past weekend, and although Mr.Gagliartti is long gone, I was convinced that his ghost would be racing at me any minute, demanding to see my pass.  It didn't happen, though - at least not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment