Friday, August 14, 2015

Those Are The Breaks


I dropped my beloved Cannon G9 camera a few months ago, and when I brought it to be fixed at the camera shop, I was told that it was too old to be fixed.  Too old?  Talk about a throwaway society.  A few adjustments and it would have been just fine.  But instead, I had to buy a "new" used G9 from B&H Photo via the internet..  And I just cannot believe this: walking to the Union Station Light Rail stop in Lower Downtown Denver a few days ago, I dropped my camera AGAIN - on a brick street right in front of Jax Seafood House, which many years ago used to be a Jack Kerouac hangout called the Terminal Bar.  I suspect it was the ghost of Kerouac trying to stop me from capturing a photograph of his ghostly image.  In any case, the camera worked just fine for a short time, and then didn't.  I road home on the light rail train, and as I was getting ready to jump off the balcony of my condo, I tried the camera one more time and it worked.  And so far is still working.  Another attempt by the spirit world to thwart me foiled again.

No comments:

Post a Comment