Thursday, August 27, 2015

Even Rich People Have A Sense Of Humor


I had to bring in a patio window to be repaired this past Monday morning, and as I crossed the Roosevelt Bridge over the St. Lucie River, heading to Jensen Beach Aluminum, I noticed the marina had an inordinate number of yachts docked there. In the spirit of adventure, I checked it out on the way home and found out the place was now a privately owned marina - owned by none other that Florida billionaire H. Wayne Huzinga - and was loaded with huge, million dollar yachts.  I also noticed a pleasant little outside bar along the dock and decided to come back for happy hour, and did just that.  As I sat there, I wondered why so many of the yachts in the harbor were from Michigan, Boston, Rhode Island, and even Portland, Oregon, but were all down here instead in the August heat.  Of course, if you can afford a yacht that big, you can probably afford a second yacht up north.  A new American phenomenon - the two yacht family.  And by the way- one of these yachts' home port was Centennial, Colorado, just down the road from where I live.  I would just love to see where they dock that thing when they are back in Centennial.

No comments:

Post a Comment