Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Planning Photographs WAY In Advance


I hate to toot my own horn, but I took the above photograph with a gap in the center so I would be able to Photoshop myself in later on.  And I did this over 35 years ago, before Photoshop - or for that matter personal computers - were even thought of.  Talk about foresight!  In any case, I took this photo of (from left to right) my sister Susan, father Nelson, the present day me, and my mother Mary at my cousin Betty's wedding back in the late 1970s.  Betty's husband Tom - a really nice guy, I might add - passed away in his early 40s from a stroke, and Betty was getting remarried to a fellow named Frank, who also turned out to be a really nice guy.  My parents drove up to Chicago from Stuart, Florida for this event, and stayed with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George at their Flossmoor, Illinois apartment.  I myself was living in a studio apartment in Forest Park, just to the west of Oak Park and Chicago, directly across the street from both the "L" train barn and the Daisy Hill Meat Packing Plant.  It was my  favorite apartment, too - just 20 minutes away from the Walden Books I managed at the Yorktown Shopping Center  and also 20 minutes away from the Loop via the elevated train.  Oh to be able to buy a time machine and go back to that period in my life.  I wonder if you can buy a Flux Capacitor on the internet these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment