Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Next In Line Please!


I took the above photograph of Valarie - my friend and the former Operations Manager of the DU Bookstore - holding up one of the signs she made to help move the lines faster during the bookstore's "rush" periods at the start of each quarter.  During rush it was often hard to get the student's attention when a register was free, and the cashiers tended to shout  - often quite loudly - to get their attention. Valarie hoped these signs would help solve the problem.  They did to an extent, but when I used them I tended not to speak at all.  I was kind of like a mime during these periods, making hand gestures and trying to get my points across without a word.  It was also probably because of all that white face paint they made us wear.   That was just plain wrong.  And by the way, Valarie is standing in front of the grotto in her backyard.  Just why does someone have a grotto in their backyard these days, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment