Monday, August 10, 2015

Nostalgia For Hatch's Bookstore


Saturday afternoon I took a photograph of my friend and former Hatch's Bookstore colleague Robin - along with her daughter Caitie, son Colin, and Colin's girlfriend Molly - at Caitie's poolside 28th birthday party. And that got me to thinking about the good old days back in the early 1980s, when I managed the Hatch's Bookstore at the University Hills Mall here in Southeast Denver.  Because of this wave of nostalgia, I am today featuring the above photograph of Robin (on the left) and my then wife Lisa (on the right), taken when we all worked together at that store.  This was long before Colin and Caitie (and for that matter Molly) were even thought of.  This was a very happy time for all of us, although at the time I don't think we realized how happy we were.  A sad but very human trait, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment