Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Paradise Found?



I have spent 4 full days and parts of another two down here in Stuart, Florida, and I must say I had a really nice time, even if I did wind up having to do a few repairs and a fair amount of cleaning.  The question for me, however, is whether I would be happy living down here year round, playing golf, spending time at the ocean, going to Florida State League Baseball games, and otherwise enjoying the good life. The sad thing is that there are only three people left that I still know down here, two of whom are now in their nineties. Everyone else is gone.  Of course, you can always make new friends, meet new people, make a new life, but for now I think staying in Colorado, where I still have friends and family, is the best option.  In a couple of years, if and when I retire, I can drive back and forth in my luxury Hyundai sedan whenever I want, but for now, I think it is time for our luxury condo to go back on the rental market.  Some lucky person will be able to live in paradise for a song, at least compared to Denver.  Plus,  free golf.  Probably not even heaven has that.

No comments:

Post a Comment