Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Mother Of A Gorilla





I took the photograph on the left of a female gorilla and her baby when I was at the Denver Zoo the other day. Last time I was at the zoo, she and her baby did not venture outside, and it was hard to get a photo.  This time, however, they went out into the yard, and so I was able to get a decent shot. Everyone was amazed at what a devoted mother she is. Not once did she let the baby out of her hands, taking it everywhere.  I'm not even sure it can walk yet, although eventually, when it gets to weigh a few hundred pounds or so, she will have to let it walk on its own.  If she isn't careful, her child might develop a complex, and then the zoo will have to hire an animal psychiatrist.  And they don't come cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment