Sunday, August 14, 2016

Funkifino Hits Denver





And no - Funkifino is not a new virus, but a hip Denver band.  And I know they are a hip band because almost all of them are wearing sunglasses, even though they are in the shade.  I stopped to listen to them at a free concert on the patio of the Rock Bottom Brewery and Restaurant on the 16th Street Mall here in Denver Friday night, and I must day they sounded pretty good.  It was definitely worth the price of admission.





They have these concerts next to the Rock Bottom every Friday night during July and August, but this was the first one I have actually attended in several years.  Last year I was working at Walgreen's every Friday night until 12:30 A.M., and before that perhaps I was just in a funk.  In any case, I remember years ago an older guy - he had to be in his 80s - would attend these concerts and dance the night away.   He must have been the previous "King of the Hipsters."  Now, according to my friends Bill and Renee, I am the king of the  hipsters.  It's still hip to be square, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment