Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Celebrating 35 Years...


I hired Stuart (pictured in the photograph above) to work at Hatch's Bookstore 35 years ago this month, back when I managed the Hatch's Bookstore at the University Hills Mall on South Colorado Boulevard, and we have been friends ever since.  We celebrated this momentous occasion at the Old Chicago here in Denver Sunday night, not too far from where the mall was once located.  Neither the mall nor Hatch's still exits, I'm afraid - the mall a victim of corporate department store mergers and Hatch's the victim of intense competition in the book business.  Stuart is doing well, and looking forward to watching the Cubs in the playoffs.  That will be fun, but I must point out that both the Colorado Rockies and the Chicago White Sox are both only 11 games out of first place.  Miracles do happen, after all.  But I'm not betting any money, so forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment