Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pets As Children - A Familiar Story




I went up to Fort Collins to visit my sister Susan and brother-in-law George last Sunday, as as usual, the household seems to revolve around their two dogs, Tutu and Blackberry. And it point of fact I think they consider them their children, and treat them aa such. When my cousin John and his wife Barb visited them, they weren't quite used to dogs running around, barking, jumping up on them and licking their face as they sat in their chairs, and said as much . Cat fanciers, I guess.




I took photographs of both Susan and George with TuTu, their Yorkshire Terrier.  I didn't take any photographs of their Cairn Terrier, Blackberry, this time since he was a little too hyperactive and would just show up as a blur.  In any case, dogs are nice, but like children, have to be attended to constantly - midnight walks, vet bills, and the age old question of what to do with them if you want to go on vacation.  If I wound up getting a dog, I would have to have a full time nanny, which could wind up being expensive.  If I ever win the lottery, perhaps I'll consider getting a dog.  On the other hand, there is the issue of my pristine carpet...

No comments:

Post a Comment