Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Wash Park Profile Comes To The Rescue!


Wednesday, August 24th was circled on my calendar, so that I would not forget to attend the University of Denver's quarterly neighborhood meeting.  I was especially interested in attending because a recent issue of the Washington Park Profile (www.washparkprofile.com) reported that the Urban Land Institute and DU were proposing to move the light rail station from it's current location to the corner of University and Buchtel Boulevards, along with a new hotel, shops, and luxury residences.  And this location just happens to be the exact spot where my condo building sits.  However, when I went to register for the meeting, I found out it had taken place the previous Wednesday.  I e-mailed Diana Helper, who writes the monthly University Park News column for the Profile, to find out what was said, and she was kind enough to promptly respond with a full report.  Diana told me that the light rail station cannot be moved to the corner, because of the incline needed to reach the bridge over University Boulevard.  DU will have to make light rail station improvements - if it still wants to - where the station is currently located, a block or so to the West.  And happily, I will not be tossed out on the street after all - at least because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment